- Monitor Medicaid reform likely to follow the national election, which could include different methods of finance.
- Streamline Medicaid provider enrollment, minimize duplicative enrollment data, and coordinate with Medicare.
- Centralize HMO credentialing, eliminate redundant paperwork, and improve coordination of benefits to eliminate recoupment from physicians.
- Set Medicaid rates equal to Medicare for all services and all specialties and restore full Medicaid cost-sharing for patients dually eligible for Medicaid and Medicare.
- Promote better birth outcomes in Medicaid by enhancing women’s access to preventive, primary, and behavioral health care.
Thursday, February 2, 2017
Medicaid and CHIP
Goal: Cut Medicaid managed care red tape, pay physicians competitive Medicaid and CHIP rates, and improve birth outcomes in Medicaid.